While arranging a workshop on LaTeX what you need to do?
1) Install LaTeX : There are many flavours of LaTeX. TeXlive is one of the best LaTeX flavour. One can download it from TUG site. https://www.tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html
2) Install IDE for LaTeX: Some of the famous IDE are Kile on linux, TeXmaker on Linux, and other O.S.
TeXworks is one of the best IDE I have seen as you can view the output side by your code. TeX works is good for beginners to advance level.
In case every thing else fails ShareLaTeX is online option for editing and compiling LaTeX documents.
3) Please make sure that you have install beamer class as well as IEEEtran class.
- beamer is useful for preparation of presentations.
- IEEEtran is for research paper writing as per the IEEE standards.
4) Please check internet for any problem of installation, compilation, documentation etc. There are many many sites who provides support, there are many mailing list for latex support.
5) Make sure that LCD projector, Screen and sound system (if required) is ready in the lab.
Scilab advanced workshop has been announced at
Scilab is Free & open source software for Numerical computations.
The workshop is mainly for College Maths teachers and research
students who have some
idea of Scilab/Matlab.
Topics like Modeling, file handling, toolboxes, how to write own
toolbox, Xcos/Scicos -simulator in Scilab, Graphics, Numerical
Linear Algebra, Differential equations using scilab will be discussed
and hands on sessions will be there during the workshop.
Dates: 27th Sept-1st Oct.,2010
Venue: Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana, Pune, India
Last date of registration: 27th August, 2010
Timing: 9.30 am – 5.30 pm
Workshop is supported by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
Govt. of India
Here is the list of the equivalent software available in Mandriva.
Equivalent applications in Mandriva
Foss Workshop will help to start with
Mathematics teachers from Colleges across the country (India) will be given preference.
More FOSS list for scientific computing is here is
Currently, I came across some nice applications of Pure Mathematics. I am impressed by it.
Applications based on Linear algebra and Field Theory in Computer Science, really fascinated me!
My main interest is to show how useful and interesting Mathematics is. In that way I found this will be good stage to have some simple article based on these applications.
I found site of Plus magazine provides interesting articles on applications of Mathematics.
I wish to do so many things but always running out of time, wandering how people manage to do so many things at a time.
Need to do some time management…..